BBC America is a channel you don’t have to miss out on if you’re cutting the cord from cable TV. The network is a gateway for popular UK shows like “The Watch”, “Doctor Who”, “Broadchurch” and “The Graham Norton Show”.
You can start watching BBC America live without cable in a few easy steps. The only requirements are an Internet connection and a streaming service that carries live TV channels.
These streaming services work on Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV and iPhones and smartphones.
Table of Contents
- Watch BBC America Live Without Cable on Philo
- Sling TV: Watch BBC America Online Without Cable
- fuboTV: BBC America Live Stream Online
- YouTube TV: Stream BBC America Without Cable
- What’s the best way to watch BBC America without cable?
Watch BBC America Live Without Cable on Philo
The cheapest way to watch BBC America live is with Philo, a streaming service that works with Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV.
Philo carries 64 networks including BBC America for $25 per month. Subscribers get unlimited Cloud DVR, and a vast library of on-demand movies and TV shows.
The 64 channels include AMC, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Paramount Network and TLC.
I’ve been using Philo since 2017, and it’s one of the most underrated streaming services out there. Just be aware that Philo only has entertainment channels so there are no sports or local channels.
Sling TV: Watch BBC America Online Without Cable
Sling TV live streams BBC America on both the Orange channel bundle, and Blue channel bundle. Either way, you’re paying $35 per month. It’s just a matter of what else you want for channels besides BBC America.
Sling Orange has 34 channels, including A&E, Cartoon Network, CNN, Epix Drive-In, ESPN, ESPN2, and HGTV.
Sling Blue has 47 channels, including FOX, regional sports networks, FS1, FS2, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild. There’s some overlap with the Orange plan too: A&E, AMC, CNN and a few others are part of the channel lineup.
If you get Sling Orange and Sling Blue for a bigger channel lineup, it costs $50 per month.
Sling TV includes 50 hours of Cloud DVR. It has apps for Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Fire Stick and PCs. You can also watch BBC America live on the go using your Sling TV app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
You easily can cancel online if you don’t want to keep the service. If you prepay for two months of service, Sling TV will give you a free streaming device.
fuboTV: BBC America Live Stream Online
fuboTV has 120+ channels and 250 hours in its Pro plan.
The entry-level channel bundle has some overlap with the Philo package. There’s A&E, AMC, HGTV, History channel, and IFC.
A subscription costs $69.99 per month.
For sports, there’s ESPN, FS1, FS2, NBA TV, Big Ten Network, and PAC-12 Network. fuboTV also has local NBC, CBS and FOX stations across the U.S. and regional sports networks.
fuboTV also has a “look back” feature that has games that aired in the last 72 hours.
Unlike cable TV, there are no contracts. fuboTV works on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV devices. You can live stream NBA games using the fuboTV app on iPhones and Android smartphones. And yes, you can even stream live TV on your PC (like at work).
YouTube TV: Stream BBC America Without Cable
YouTube TV has BBC America in its 85+ channel lineup for $64.99 per month. AMC, ESPN, CNN, TBS and TNT are in the channel lineup, too. You can stream YouTube TV on Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Google Chromecast, iPhones, and Android smartphones.
Check out YouTube TV with a free 7-day trial.
What’s the best way to watch BBC America without cable?
I suggest going with the cheapest option, but here are two picks to consider.
- Philo is the best choice to stream BBC America without cable. For $25 per month, you get 64 channels and unlimited Cloud DVR. You can sign up for a free 7-day trial in less than a minute, and simply cancel online if you don’t like the service. Philo has apps for Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV and iPhones. You can also watch on a PC or Mac using a web browser.
- Sling TV is a good runner-up choice because for $35 per month, you can get a wider variety of channels for sports and news. You can subscribe to the Sling Orange bundle or Sling Blue channels. Either way, it’s $35 per month. You can get both Orange and Blue channels for $50 per month. Sling TV works on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV and just about every PC or smartphone out there.
Founder and Editor of The Cord Cutting Report. Before launching the site in 2016, he worked for more than two decades as a staff writer or correspondent for a number of daily newspapers, including The Boston Globe. His enthusiasm for tech began with the Atari 2600. Follow @james_kimble