How to find horror movies on Neflix
You don’t need to be a cord cutting expert if you want a scary movie to watch. But this quick guide will give you a few pointers on where to look for the scariest movies around.
To get a rundown of good horror movies currently on Netflix, you can do a quick thumbnail search by category. All you need to do is to login to your Netflix account in a separate window and click on the particular code for horror movies.
How to find the scariest movies on Amazon Prime
Amazon is another often untapped resource for good horror movies. There are a few ways you can go about diving into their massive catalogue of horror.
If you do a common search under Amazon Video, you will get a lot of results for horror movies that you can stream from just about anywhere. Many of these titles are free if you subscribe to Amazon Prime. If you’re not an Amazon Prime customer you can try it free for 30 days.
As a subscriber, you can also take a deeper dive into Amazon Channels. If you scroll through the genres, you will see these half a dozen horror channels all vying for having the scariest movies that you can find.
- Shudder: This AMC-owned channel/app is geared for the horror aficionado with a lineup of American made and foreign horror films that covers several decades. (7-day Free Trial – $6.99 per month)
- Screambox: You can find supernatural movies, monster stories and even more action-based titles with Screambox. (7-day free trial – $4.99 per month)
- Full Moon: There’s Grindhouse flicks, lots of B-movie-style babes in bikinis and weird looking dolls that are possessed and want to rip off your head. Sound good? (7-day Free Trial – $6.99 per month)
- XL TV: There’s more of action movie, sometimes sci-fi thing going on with the movies found on XL TV. Take the movie Poker Night, which involves a detective being kidnapped and tormented by a masked serial killer. It’s on odd mix because you will also find “family movies” and documentaries here as well. (7-day free trial – $4.99 per month)
- Monsters and Nightmares: This channel claims to have “the creepiest, most terrifying horror films of the last decade.” It seemed like a dubious claim until I saw the cover for The Last Circus. Those are some damn scary looking clowns. (7-day free trial – $2.99 per month)
- Fear Factory: A newer horror-based channel with a thin catalog. They got Cropsey at least. (7-day trial – $2.99 per month)
Even if you don’t want to use Amazon to sign up for Shudder, you can just go directly to their site. Try Shudder’s free 7-day trial and see if you think they’ve got the scariest movies around. There’s no contract or obligation to stick with a subscription. What are some of the scariest movies you’ve ever seen? Tell fellow readers your favorites in the comments below.