Deal includes ESPN channels and entertainment networks
fuboTV is adding the ESPN family of networks to its channel lineup this summer.
Customers who subscribe to fuboTV’s standard base package will have access to ABC, ABC News Live, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. There will also be in-market game coverage from SEC Network and ACC Network. FX, FXX, and National Geographic are joining the basic channel bundle as well.
“With the addition to our lineup of the ESPN suite of channels, we continue to make good on our promise to sports fans to be the undisputed home of professional and college sports,” David Gandler, co-founder and CEO of fuboTV said in a statement. “Fubo is equally delighted to add the storied Disney, ABC, FX and Nat Geo networks to round out a robust programming portfolio for the whole family to enjoy.”
Fubo’s entry-level package costs $54.99 per month for roughly 100 channels. It remains the only virtual MVPD with some live sports and entertainment shows in 4K.
Fubo launched on Jan. 1, 2015 as a sports-focused live TV service with a wide variety of sought-after regional sports networks. But one sore spot for sports fans was a lack of ESPN.
ESPN’s parent company is Disney, which also owns Hulu with Live TV and ESPN+, a digital-only sports platform.
“Adding Disney’s array of networks across news, sports and entertainment content with ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN, FX, and Nat Geo delivers a more comprehensive channel lineup and tremendous value to customers’ subscriptions,” Sean Breen, executive vice president of platform distribution at Disney Media Networks, said in a statement.
What the ESPN/Disney deal means
Once the Disney-owned channels are added to fuboTV, it will add NFL coverage, U.S. and international soccer and college football. Here’s how the ESPN deal will round out sports coverage along with the existing fuboTV channel lineup:
- 100% NFL coverage: ESPN, CBS, FOX, NBC, NFL Network, NFL Redzone
- More US/international soccer than any other streaming service: ESPN (all networks including ESPN Deportes), beIN Sports (all networks), CBS, FOX, NBC, TUDN, Univision and many more
- Majority college football coverage from preseason all the way through the Bowl games: ESPN, ABC, SEC Network, ACC Network, NBC, FOX, Big Ten Network, Pac-12 Network
- Majority MLB, NBA, NHL coverage: various networks
- 100% tennis coverage: ESPN, Tennis Channel
- Plus golf, other college sports including college basketball, the X games, UFC Wrestling, and top sports talk programming including SportsCenter, Pardon the Interruption and College Gameday.
ESPNews and ESPN Deportes also coming
More Disney-owned channels will be available on fuboTV’s other packages, according to today’s announcement. They include out-of-market coverage for SEC Network and ACC Network, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, and ESPN Deportes.
Entertainment channels such as FXM, Fox Life, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, and BabyTV will also be available in add-on channel bundles. The deal includes both live television and VOD.
The agreement was announced on Wednesday afternoon. In April, fuboTV merged with FaceBank Group to create a leading digital entertainment company.
No price increase was announced as part of additional channels. The company last announced a $10 price increase last March.